Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the Tenth Day of Christmas...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definitely wrapping paper. I love to make each one of the gifts look unique. Plus they always look nice underneath the tree.
2. Tree — real or artificial? At home we use a real tree even though I have severe allergies, but I used the little lime green one at the apartment. We will have to see about next year... Sometimes I get tired of taking the Benedryl!
3. When do you put the tree up? Right after Thanksgiving. I want my decorations to stay up as long as they can.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get the energy to put all of it away. I left all the decorations up at school and I will wait until after New Year's when I return to take them down.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nnnnnoooooo.... in fact, I really don't like anything creamy (cheese, milk, alfredo, etc.)
6. Do you have a Nativity scene? My parents do, but I haven't gotten one yet.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? My sister and I got a pony one year! We got to go out to the barn as soon as we found out so that we could ride. His stall was all decorated and he had a big red bow on.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom... she is so picky!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister because she likes everything that I do.
10. Worst Christmas gift? My dad gave all of us a statue of Beethoven?! I mean seriously... what was he thinking?!?
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Good old fashioned snail mail for me.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Holiday. There is no way that you can watch that movie and not be in a good mood afterward. I love it!
13. When do you start Christmas shopping? I don't even start thinking about presents until after the decorations are up and the good sales start.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe? I can't recall anything specific off the top of my head.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? My mom makes cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning so that we can have breakfast while we open presents.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! They have to be white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby.
18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? We always stay at home. Our entire family lives in my hometown so we don't have to go anywhere to see them. I would love to go on vacation during the holidays!
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? I think so... Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and you can't forget Rudolph!
20. Angel or star on top of the tree? My mom does an angel, but I have a large bow.
21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? We open my dad's family on Christmas Eve when we celebrate with them. Then we do our family first thing Christmas morning. Later on that day we go to my mom's family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Long lines and terrible parking.
23. Favorite ornament? I really don't think that I have a favorite. There are a lot of ornaments that I made over the years that bring back memories when I see them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun answers Miss Lilly P! The cinnamon rolls your Mother makes sound yummy!
tp

Jennifer said...

I think we are long lost sisters! I love The Holiday and Santa Baby is one of my favorites!