Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Seventh Day of Christmas...


I am putting the rush on finishing my best friends' PRESENTS. This year due to my bank account's lack of existence, I was forced to get creative with my friends' presents. Since many of them actually read this blog, I am not going to post pictures of what I have been working on yet. No worries... once everyone has gotten their's I will post them!

But here are some pictures of the lovely wrapping. One trip to the Dollar Store, and I went home with three rolls of paper that all had pink and green in there somewhere! Caution... Some rolls of their paper will only wrap one present, while others are the normal amount! When I am wrapping, I make each present different by changing the bow.




Sometimes, I feel like my blog is turning into Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation! I can assure you that I will only go to Day 12. But, on this so called adventure with the holiday spirit, I attempted to make Chocolate Chip Cake this morning as gifts to a few people. This is what came out of the oven...


So the sides were a little overcooked and the inside was completely gooey. Oh and did I mention that it vaguely resembled the Grand Canyon in the center?!

This is the best cake and I know I did everything exactly as the recipe calls for. Don't you hate it when that happens?! So first thing tomorrow, I am headed to the grocery store to get more yellow cake mix and the rest of the ingredients for Take 2. At least it still tasted good... I know because I ate all of the cooked edges!

2 more finals to go tomorrow, and I will be riding off into the sunset to my hometown!

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

All your gifts look great! We are both into the wrapping this season. Isn't it such fun to make something looks perfect!?