Monday, November 24, 2008

Easy Entertaining During Cold Weather!

I am all about having a good time! My friends and I love to get together and cook dinner, play board games, or grab a drink. With this in mind, we are always coming up with fun things to try or do. Since the weather has really taken a turn for the worse... its been cold and dreary around here. I decided I was going to try to do something to warm everyone up. I started thinking of cold weather essentials and set out to try homemade chili. Not only is it easy to do, but it is really inexpensive (okay so the college kid in me comes out every once in a while).

I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that appeared to be the easiest and then I changed it a little to make it my own. Here is what I did...

1. Chop half of a medium onion and brown in the pan with one pound of ground turkey.
2. Then drain the meat and add one packet of chili mix (I used the hot kind and it was definitely spicy!)
3. Add one can of chopped tomatoes (with the liquid) and one can of kidney beans (with half the liquid)
4. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

While the chili was simmering I made cornbread muffins using the Jiffy box (my fav!)

Then to garnish...
Make sure you have sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chives.

Not only is this super easy but everyone thought it was amazing! I plan on making it again very soon!

1 comment:

Posh Peach said...

Hi there! That chili sounds delicious. I've been looking for an easy recipe. I left you an award on my blog. I hope your week is going well!