Since I have the day off today... I have decided to start my Halloween decorations. Surprisingly, the Dollar Store was short on fun things, so I am going to head to Target later on. I came across this website to make a ribbon wreath. I am going to change it up a little bit and make mine with orange, black, and hot pink ribbon.
Here are the instructions if you are interested in making one too...
- 12″ foam wreath form
- 24 yards 1 1/4″ black grosgrain ribbon (or less if using a wider ribbon)
- Measuring tape
- Cut 45-50 16″ pieces of ribbon.
- Tie one strand of ribbon in a knot around the wreath. I used a “messy knot” — right over left, then right over left again, pulling in the opposite direction. It doesn’t really matter how you do it as long as you are consistent all the way around. Repeat with the knots, pushing them close together, until you fill the wreath.
- Cut one long piece of ribbon (48″) and tie one end to form a knot. Leave a long loop for hanging and tie another knot onto the wreath.
- Trim any frayed or long ends.