Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ribbon Wreath


Since I have the day off today... I have decided to start my Halloween decorations. Surprisingly, the Dollar Store was short on fun things, so I am going to head to Target later on. I came across this website to make a ribbon wreath. I am going to change it up a little bit and make mine with orange, black, and hot pink ribbon.


Here are the instructions if you are interested in making one too...

Supplies:

  • 12″ foam wreath form
  • 24 yards 1 1/4″ black grosgrain ribbon (or less if using a wider ribbon)
  • Scissors
  • Measuring tape

Steps:

  1. Cut 45-50 16″ pieces of ribbon.
  2. Tie one strand of ribbon in a knot around the wreath. I used a “messy knot” — right over left, then right over left again, pulling in the opposite direction. It doesn’t really matter how you do it as long as you are consistent all the way around. Repeat with the knots, pushing them close together, until you fill the wreath.
  3. Cut one long piece of ribbon (48″) and tie one end to form a knot. Leave a long loop for hanging and tie another knot onto the wreath.
  4. Trim any frayed or long ends.
I found a supplier for ribbon here. In order to have enough to make me one and one for my sister, I am getting 60 yards of 1 1/2 ribbon. The prices are so much better when you buy wholesale online! Maybe I will have enough left over for other crafts!

14 comments:

Leah said...

I love that! I may try to make one myself.

DC GOP Girl said...

I so need a house so I have a place to put a ribbon wreath. 1BR apartments just don't have enough room!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

That wreath looks like so much fun! I may seriously have to make one of them.

Kim said...

I made that last year (for Christmas) using green and red ribbon and it came out SO cute! Considering the fact that I am NOT crafty, I was pretty proud of myself!!

I want to make a few more for other holidays!

Posh Peach said...

I love it!! Post a pic when you finish yours. I may have to make one myself!

The Redhead and her Pooch Lola said...

I am so going to make one of these! Way cute!

Sandra said...

Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

No Raisins on My Parade said...

I love it!! I went to Michael's today and bought the stuff to make it- got orange, brown, hot pink, and leopard! Just FYI that 4yd rolls of ribbon are on sale there for 2/$5 instead of 3.99 each. I'm super excited to make mine tomorrow!

Xoxo

Anonymous said...

You’re best! Go!Go!加油
家事服務網頁設計的LALA
外遇/ 徵信/徵信社/室內設計是我家的網站設計有空來晃晃

Melia said...

Cute idea! I think I might make one of these for Christmas!! Cute reds, greens, polka dots.. something like that! Love the idea!!

c said...

how cool! my mother and I always make a wreath for the christmas season- we'll have to give this a shot.

kanishk said...

I have a place to put a ribbon wreath.
free internet jobs

kanishk said...

I may have to make one myself!
indian classified site

Sara said...

i LOVE this wreath! It is so gorgeous! It is on my to-make list for sure. Thanks for the great idea.

xoxo- Your Newest Follower!