Friday, March 6, 2009

Chocolate Lovers Only


I was in search for a fabulous new chocolate recipe to bake for a friend's birthday when I came across this goody. These cookies are absolutely scrumptious! Any chocolate lover needs to add this recipe to their collection. I added semi-sweet chocolate chips this time, but I am going to try it with white chocolate chips next! I altered the recipe that I originally found here. Just make sure that you have a cold glass of milk waiting!

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla.
  4. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
  6. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  7. Make sure to flatten the cookies to about 1/2 thick before placing in the oven.
  8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. [Note: mine took the entire 10 minutes.]

7 comments:

PreppyGirl said...

That sugar coma is calling my name... Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely have to try it!

Suzanne said...

Yum, I have yet to meet a cookie that I don't like!

Lis said...

YUM!! Those look so good, thank you for sharing the recipe!!!

Gracie Beth said...

I will have to try those!

Princess Freckles said...

Yum! And I'm starving for lunch right now....I really want a cookie instead!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Um....YUM!! It's 10:30am and I want to make those cookies.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Sounds heavenly!