I was in search for a fabulous new chocolate recipe to bake for a friend's birthday when I came across this goody. These cookies are absolutely scrumptious! Any chocolate lover needs to add this recipe to their collection. I added semi-sweet chocolate chips this time, but I am going to try it with white chocolate chips next! I altered the recipe that I originally found here. Just make sure that you have a cold glass of milk waiting!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make sure to flatten the cookies to about 1/2 thick before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. [Note: mine took the entire 10 minutes.]