Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grograin Ribbon Accents

Inspired by everyone's craftiness, I decided to show you a preppy solution to a problem I had. My favorite shopaholic shower curtain shows window displays from different countries, so Tokyo has kimonos in the window, London has Burberry plaids, Paris has lingerie, New York has trench coats, etc. etc. I found it for our freshman dorm and have enjoyed it ever since. Unfortunately, it was ripped off the rod by a past Evil Roomie (can you believe that people are that mean?!). This action resulted in multiple holes for the shower curtain rings being broken, ultimately keeping it from being able to hang. :( I was determined to figure out a way to bring it back to life AND make it look cuter than it did originally.

Off to Michael's I went... and I came back with a roll of Ultra Stitch Witch and 2 rolls of black polka dot ribbon. Here is what the final product turned out looking like!


I used the thick ribbon to fold over either side of the top, and made sure to Stitch Witch both sides really well. Then I was able to hang it back on the rod, but I still felt like it needed a little something extra. This is where the thinner coordinating polka dot ribbon came in handy. I just knotted this ribbon onto the shower curtain rings, and let them dangle naturally.


After I got finished with this project, I decided that my bathroom clock was looking a little bland. I decided to use the leftover thick ribbon to add a bow accent. All I did was tie the ribbon in a bow and hot glue the ends to the back of the clock. I then hung the clock with a nail, and attached the bow to the wall with 3-M Poster Tape.


P.S. -- If you don't have a clock in your bathroom, you will be amazed at how it helps you get out the door on time. I am notorious for taking a long showers and completely loosing track of time. This way, my clock is right outside the shower; and I can gauge exactly how much time I have to get ready.

18 comments:

Her Preppiness said...

Love it!!! What a great idea.

Lou Lou said...

So cute, I especially love the clock idea!

Mona said...

Yay for Lisagh for saving such a cute shower curtain!! It looks like it was intended to be made that way! I've had a clock in the bath for years for the same reasons.

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

Why didn't I ever think of that?! A clock in the bathroom! I am notorious for being late, this will help SO much! Thanks!

Ashley Turner said...

I love your shower curtain - and I totally need a clock in my bathroom! One more thing on the long list of improvements around here!

PreppyGirl said...

Great idea with the clock! I'll definitely have to do that!

EJR said...

Hi Lilly P. Wannabe, you asked me if I am a DG and if I ride horses, the answer to both of those questions is yes. By the way, I love your blog.....so adorable.

Sandra said...

Your shower curtain looks darling!! Good Job!

Muffy said...

Great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I love that shower curtain! and the clock :) Hope you are doing well

Anonymous said...

and by the way, I saw on another site that you left a comment saying that you are reading Chasing Harry Winston and I just love, love that book! I don't know where you are in the book, but the ending is so good.

Posh Peach said...

That shower curtain is adorable and way to be creative!! And Chasing Harry Winston is a book I've been dying to read! You'll have to let me know how it is!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh... the begining of the book is so boring. But I promise it will pick-up soon! and it will get really good to the point where you can't put it down.

SouthernBelleJM said...

I love that shower curtain. No wonder you saved it!!! The clock is such a great idea. I'm notorious for running late!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Miss Lilly P, we need you designing for us at the Princess! Congrats on such outstanding creations! Cute *and* elegant!

Grins & Giggles,
tp

Kate said...

Gosh you are crafty! I love how both turned out

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Fabulous!! I love it!

Amanda C. Bee said...

stitch witch. Love. It.
Xoxo